- Job Title: Paver Assistant
- Department: Construction
- Reports to: Vice President/Visionary
Job Summary: Provides assistance to Paver Foremen and other Supervisors as needed. Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor. Willingness to operate a variety of equipment and must adhere to company safety procedures and practices at all times Willingness to learn and work hard, are self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a positive and energetic team. Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must be willing to be challenged, problem solve and grow
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently as needed
- Must be able to provide your own basic tools
- Must be able to lift 50+lb
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have smartphone
Key Company Expectations:
● Maintains positive customer and team member interactions, both on the field and in the
● Respects company and client property.
● Follows directions well, listens to directions both orally and written. Demonstrates the
ability to lead, as well as follow others.
● Demonstrates the ability to pace work well and maintain a good work speed.
● Initiates necessary tasks, continued growth, and overall creativity.
● Initiates growth and can either work independently or demonstrates growth while
learning under supervision.
● Communicates clearly, asks questions, checks company communication avenues such
as Band, Voxer and company emails on a regular basis. Response times are within a
timely manner with team members or clients.
● Engages and attends Monday morning meeting and team meetings on a weekly and
● Conducts themselves with a teamwork mentality which reveals itself within encouraging
words, praise, an eagerness to help others and generally speaking well of others.
Working well with the team is very important.
● Demonstrates reliable attendance and punctuality with arriving to work, breaks, lunch
breaks and clocking in and out.
● Adheres to the company handbook instructions on proper cell phone usage.
● Demonstrates safety awareness and wears proper PPE while working.
● Maintains good hygiene, neat appearance & wears the company uniform.
This is a field position to be carried out from the Bear Creek office/shop in Waynesboro, VA and on various job sites throughout Central Virginia.
This job description identifies the major responsibilities of this position. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned, to assist with executing the company’s business model, promoting the company’s culture, mission and values.
Compensation based on skill and experience
Position is open until filled.
If you are interested in joining our team of passionate craftsmen and women, please visit our website and fill out the online application fully: https://form.jotform.com/83388302112147
Please also send a current resume, references (including email and phone number) and your best contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org