- Job Title: Foreman – Punch Out Carpenter
- Department: Field
- Reports to: Operations Manager
Job Summary: This Foreman – Punch-Out Carpenter position will be responsible for varied finish tasks and repairs across multiple Bear Creek projects. This position requires problem solving and self-management and is responsible for customer satisfaction, productivity, and quality of each project. This is an experienced level position that requires an advanced understanding of hand tools, power tools, and safety. Strong knowledge of hardware, fasteners, and construction methods is also required. This person is the face of the company to the homeowners and is expected to be a role model of Bear Creek values and beliefs.
- Leadership and influence in the team
- Servant attitude
- Alignment with Bear Creek Core Values
- Minimum of 3 months work experience with Bear Creek
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in written form
- Completion of Foreman training
- Demonstrated dependability and strong work ethic
- Ability to read and understand plans
- Safety trained
- Code compliance trained
- Proficient in BuilderTrend and other digital platform usages
- Proficient in iPhone usage
- Authorized company driver (or provide own vehicles) Ability to lift heavy objects
- Advanced tools and material skill and knowledge
- Turn customers into “Raving Fans”
- Plan out the work and set team goals
- Facilitate positive customer and team interactions in the field and office
- Follow directions well
- Give clear direction to the team
- Invest in team members growth
- Speak words of affirmation to the team
- Set the example
Work Efficiency/Quality of Work
- Review and understand all job related plans and paperwork
- Hands-on lead the punch out and finish details of the projects
- Set the work pace for the team and maintain good productivity
- Demonstrate advanced tool and material skill and knowledge
- Clear the bottlenecks in front of the team
- Manage the team so everyone contributes
- Identify potential issues and find solutions
- Inspect work and see the details (eliminate call-backs)
- Keep vehicles, tools and trailers neat, orderly and in working condition
- Complete varied finish tasks (Repairs, Punch-Out, Electrical, Plumbing, Finish Carpentry, Screening, Railing, Doors/Windows, Etc.) in an efficient way to facilitate the completion of projects.
- Communicate clearly and ask questions
- Regularly check company communications
- Respond in a timely manner to all communications
- Keep project manager up to date on work progress
- Upload pictures and create Daily log in BuilderTrend before leaving jobsite
- Approve time records daily
- Turn in receipts weekly
- Hold team accountable to punctuality and attendance standards
- Hold team accountable to Bear Creek jobsite standards (language, radio, cell phone, smoking, uniforms, etc)
- Hold team accountable for time record keeping per Bear Creek policy
- Record bi-weekly team member feedback in Threads Culture
- Complete team member reviews before deadlines
- Communicate with HR about injuries and/or performance issues
- Ensure that the company trucks are locked daily and cleaned by the end of the week.
- Maintain good hygiene, neat appearance and wear company uniform
- Demonstrate reliable attendance and punctuality
- Abide by Bear Creek standards and policies
- Attend and engage in company meetings
- Interact with clients and team members in a positive manner
- Protect owners home, property and personal information
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least five years of related experience required.
This is a field position to be carried out from the Bear Creek office/shop in Waynesboro, VA and on various job sites throughout Central Virginia.
This job description identifies the major responsibilities of this position. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned, to assist with executing the company’s business model, promoting the company’s culture, mission and values.
Compensation based on skill and experience
Position is open until filled.
If you are interested in joining our team of passionate craftsmen and women, please visit our website and fill out the online application fully: https://form.jotform.com/83388302112147
Please also send a current resume, references (including email and phone number) and your best contact number to email@example.com