Sprucing up your Outdoor Space for Fall
Try some of these simple tips to transform your outdoor space into an autumn-inspired haven.
- As the days get shorter, hang some string lights or add a fire pit to your outdoor space to create a fun ambiance for sharing stories and laughter with friends and family in the cool evenings.
- If you have an outdoor seating area or bench, add a throw blanket for a welcome look and warmth on those chilly fall days. It will be a cozy invitation to linger and sip your coffee or get lost in a good book on a Saturday morning; raking leaves can wait.
- Wreaths and garlands are timeless decor. A fall tone wreath for your door or a garland to surround your window are great ways to bring in nature inspired decor. Burlap and colorful faux leaves are a great way to add fall style that will last the whole season.
- Pumpkins or gourds of all colors are always a great addition. Natural pumpkins look great and you can mix in other colorful gourds. If you are feeling creative, paint pumpkins with a simple monogram look, a buffalo plaid style or fun “hello fall” message. Make a night of it and invite a few friends over for patio pumpkin painting!
- Chrysanthemums, Marigolds and Pansies are a wonderful fall flowers. Place them by your doorways or next to your outdoor seating areas. You can style them up with a galvanized metal bucket planter or put them in low rectangular planter for an outdoor table centerpiece.
- Lanterns and crates help add depth and a rustic fall style to your outdoor space. Stage your pumpkins or plants on and around them. Varying the size of your lanterns can help create a focal point for your decor. Light up candles in your lanterns in the evening; you can use citronella candles to be dual purposed for lighting and keeping the bugs away.
It doesn’t have to be over the top to be inviting and in season. Fall is a great time of year to enjoy gathering outdoors for football games, bonfires and admiring the array of colors as they emerge on the trees.
Happy Fall Y’all!
Does styling your outdoor space feel overwhelming or it just takes time that your busy schedule doesn’t have, we are here to help! We offer full-service Furnishing Design, from styling and purchasing to delivery, set up and trash haul away so that you can get straight to relaxing outdoors! Let us know how we can assist you in transforming your space.