BRINGING THE OUTDOORS HOME
Bear Creek Community Connection
Happy 5th Birthday!
Last month, Bear Creek Outdoor Living celebrated ﬁve years of being in business. While we have grown, our mission has stayed the same: community. We love to create backyard spaces that help people connect with their community. Thank you for being a part of our story these past ﬁve years!
We have added a Furnishing option to our services. Leslie Carter has joined our team in customer service and furnishing design. She can help you outﬁt your new or existing outdoor space with quality products to ﬁt your space, style and budget.
We are moving locations!
After renting space for the last 5 years, we are ﬁnally putting down permanent roots! To grow well and keep fulﬁlling our mission, we needed a space that can grow with us. We have secured a big shop and yard space, suitable for that growth and community engagement, at 180 Port Republic Rd, in downtown Waynesboro. We are so excited to have more space to serve our client
Stay tuned for a Fall Grand Opening!
We are getting the space ready this summer and we look forward to being fully moved by early fall. Thank you for having trusted us the past few years to welcome us to your homes and help you create the backyard spaces of your dreams. Without your support and investment in our work and team, none of this would be possible! We can’t wait to welcome you to our grand opening and ribbon cutting!
Decor Tip: Adding Plants to a Space
Adding a sense of nature to your space adds dimension and can add color as well. Don’t have a green thumb?! No worries, you can easily mix quality artiﬁcial plants with live plants (if you choose) and acquire that same look!
Recent Project Highlight
This amazing deck extension and pergola in Free Union turned out beautifully! The homeowner wanted to expand their deck space and add a pergola to provide some sun shade for family activities. We also love the small details they chose in the railings, garden boxes and stairs. It is a wonderful addition to this farmhouse!
Summer Recipe: Southern Cornbread Salad from Taste of Home
- I package (8-1/2 Ounces) Cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Envelope Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
- 3 Large Tomatoes, Seeded and chopped
- 1/2 Cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 2 15oz cans Pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Prepare and bake cornbread mix according to the package directions, using an 8-in. square baking dish. Crumble when cool.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing mix until blended. In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, peppers and /2 cup green onions.
- In a 3-qt. glass bowl, layer half of each: Cornbread, beans, tomato mixture, cheese, bacon, corn and dressing. Repeat layers. Top with remaining green onions. Refrigerate for 3 hours.